Aluminium and PVC-U in a unique marriage
AluFusion is a new type of window and residential door system with 70 mm construction depth whose predominant property lies in the union of aluminium and PVC-U. Besides the familiar functions of an aluminium cover, the special features of AluFusion include in addition the sliding connection between the functional aluminium and PVC-U sash profiles and the absent glazing bead.
The aluminium profile takes over the static functions, so steel reinforcement in the PVC-U profile is needed only in special cases. This absence of steel serves to enhance further the outstanding thermal insulation properties that AluFusion has to start with, for a Uf value of 1.2 W/(m²K).
In producing its PVC profiles, KÖMMERLING not only makes use of regrinds, but its virgin PVC-U is exclusively free of lead with environmentally friendly stabilisers based on calcium and zinc.
KÖMMERLING AluFusion – residential door
• Flush design of straight lines with butt joined aluminium profiles
• Transparent design in the inside view as well – a glazing bead is no longer necessary
• Max sash sizes
1100 x 2300 mm – without sash steel
1200 x 2500 mm – with sash steel
• For special 20–40 mm functional glazing
• Second continuous sealing layer for good tightness properties.
• Threshold with thermal break, flush locking plate, and concealed fasteners
• Class 6A aluminium weather bar for additional protection against driving rain